Blood tests are done to examine and measure certain cells, chemicals, proteins, any many substances in your blood.
Blood tests, or blood work, is one of the most common lab tests.
Your doctor may ask for blood tests as a part of a regular checkup.
Why Should You Get Blood Tests?
Blood tests are used to:
- Diagnose many diseases and conditions.
- Monitor chronic diseases, like high cholesterol or diabetes.
- Analyze if the treatment for a disease is working.
- Check if your organs are working properly. This includes kidneys, heart, liver, and thyroid gland.
- Diagnose clotting or bleeding disorders.
- Estimate your immune system.
What Are The Types of Blood Tests?
There are many types of blood tests, the main ones may be:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): This is used to measure your blood’s components like: red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin.
- Basic Metabolic Panel: This is used to measure certain chemicals in your blood like calcium and glucose.
- Blood Clotting Tests: This is used to know if you have any disorder related to bleeding and clotting.
- Blood Tests to Check For any heart disease: like cholesterol and triglyceride tests.
Blood tests provide important information about your overall health.
Although they may need to be combined with other tests to diagnose the diseases correctly.
Hala Medical Center opens its doors for you to get blood tests, regular checkups, and treatments.
We are also here to answer all of your questions!